Thursday, September 07, 2006

T-Rex - Final Steps

The last steps involve programming the ESC, Setting up the gyro for heading hold, and creating throttle and pitch curves in the radio. To setup the ESC you must have the throttle stick in low position before you power the heli, once you do this you hear a series of beeps that indicate to the user which settings they have. I will not go into what all mean. One of the coolest things about this setup is the Gyroscope. The Gyro automatically adjusts the pitch of the tail rotors to compensate for the change in heading. So, whithout any stick input from me, if I move the tail to the right the tail pitch compensated by itself, and then when the movement stops the pitch returns to center. Is cooler than it sounds. I am not going to try and explain throttle curves.

Here is a quick little vid of my bird.

Money in the pit:
$56.85 Parts and tools from Readyheli.com


Total so far $1589.20

No comments: