Sunday, August 27, 2006

T-Rex - Pinion issue

When I was routing my wires for the ESC, I noticed that the main gear was too low on the pinion and was in danger of getting chewed up by the shoulder on the pinion. So I removed the servos and removed the motor. My T-Rex kit came with a motor and ESC also in the kit were two sets of motor mounting screws and washers, as there are two sets of different diameter mounting holes on the motor itself, I used the smaller washers as a shim between the motor and the mount to moved the main gear off of the pinion shoulder.

(pinion shoulder)


After re-installing the motor with the washers I clearly have a enough room and my main gear isn't in danger of getting chewed up. I set my gear mesh using the paper method, where you slip a piece of paper between the pinion and the main gear.

No comments: