Wednesday, August 23, 2006

T-Rex - more progress

I was able to get some more work done on the Rex last night. I installed the motor which proved to be a real pain. I need to buy better allen keys, the ones I have are the standard "L" shaped ones and they make it really hard to fit in tight areas. I will be picking up some of the ones with handles like a standard screwdriver. Installing the motor and getting the gears to mesh took quite a while as they need to be just right. The next step was to assemble the landing gear and install on the frame. This step was easy yet a pain in the butt as the screws to secure the gear to the frame are the smallest allen screws you have ever seen and I think the plating on the allen head had filled in the screw head preventing my allen key from seating properly. I did get it installed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff