Tuesday, August 22, 2006

T-Rex Kit - progress

Here is a picture of the progress that I have made thus far. I will state that the instruction manual leaves something to be desired. Most of the instructions are just an exploded view of the section you are trying to build with very little text detailing the most logical path to take in completing the section. Trial and error is part of the fun...I guess.


I also purchase more tools for this project. The kit comes with 2 small screw drivers and some allen keys but they are kinda whimpy so I bought some new ones. The kit also has two small containers of threadlock of different strengths, mine happened to leak thus requiring me to buy more. I also bought some Teflon/Silicone lube and some CA super glue and Zip Kicker. Oh yeah and I also bought some Calipers for measurements.

Knowing that this project was going to take a long time to complete and quite a significant sum of $, I had to prioritize what parts I bought and when. I decided to buy a flight simulator so that I can hone my flying skills while I build and buy and save for the parts for this Heli.

Money in the pit:
$400 for the kit
$200 for the flight simulator
$7.00 red threadlock
$4.00 blue threadlock
$10.00 CA and Zip Kicker
$12.00 calipers
$15.00 screw drivers and torx
$4.00 flybars
$17.00 325mm Pro Wood blades
$5.00 Teflon/Silicone Lube

Total so far $674

No comments: